In this week’s episode of The UC Architects we’ve got a special show focusing on the cancellation of Microsoft’s top-level certification – Microsoft Certified Solutions Master, or as it’s been known in the past – MCM, MCA and Ranger. Originating in the Exchange Product Group to train up Microsoft’s Premier Field Engineers, the program grew to other technologies as well, many of whom are impacted.
As well as the usual suspects, we’re joined this week by a number of MCMs and MCSMs affected by this, including one of the non-Microsoft trainers of the program who’s just returned from Seattle teaching what will be the last sitting of the Exchange MCSM.
We take no prisoners in this episode and you’ll hear the real deal – straight from those who have spent tens of thousands of dollars to attend – or just lost jobs. Hear about the impact this has across the industry and of course for customers relying on those qualified to solve the biggest issues.
- Brian Reid – Trainer for the Exchange MCM and MCSM programs
- Jeff Guillet – Exchange MVP MCM and MVP
- Michael Van Horenbeeck – Exchange MCP and MCSM
- Andrew Higginbotham – Exchange MCM and MCSM
- John A Cook – Exchange MCM and recently returned from Exchange MCSM
- Tim Harrington – Lync MVP and MCM
- Michel De Rooij – Exchange Architect
- Johan Velhuis – Exchange MVP
- Serkan Varoglu – Exchange MVP
- and of course, yours truly..
You can read more about the dropping of MCSM, and my thoughts on it’s industry impact in my previous blog posting here. But if you do one thing – take a listen to this weeks Podcast and hear it straight from the horses mouth.