This week, I’ve popped round Jason’s on a sunny Sunday afternoon and while the kids were playing we grabbed a coffee and sat down to chat about Direct Routing in Microsoft Teams.
In the show, I asked Jay to explain…
- How is Direct Routing different to Cloud Connector Edition (CCE) or Skype for Business Server 2015 Call handling (OPCH)?
- Does the Session Border Controller (SBC) have to be Ribbon (nee Sonus) or Audio Codes?
- Can you use Direct Routing and Calling Plans (Microsoft’s own PSTN connectivity)
- What parts of this live in the Microsoft Cloud, and how do they work?
- What protocols are used? Is it all plain old SIP?
- When and where do you configure voice routes and policies, and where do you find call analytics?
- What do you need to establish Direct Routing, such as licensing and configuration?
- What else do you need to configure?
The answers to those questions and more are in today’s show.
We’ll be back next time, but until then enjoy the latest episode. If you’ve got any suggestions for what you’d like to hear on the next show, give us a shout!