This week, in the first of three recordings, we’re recording at Microsoft Ignite in the official Podcast studios. Today we were lucky to be joined by special guest, Nikolay Muravlyannikov, Teams Principal PM at Microsoft.
In the show today, we discuss:
- What are the calling options in Teams? – a quick catch up if you don’t know what Direct Routing is.
- What do we need to run Direct Routing?
- Why would we use ExpressRoute?
- What kind of things should we think about?
- What are the gotcha’s that we should be aware of
- What happens if you have multiple sites?
- How do you deal with different providers and different regions?
- How do you meet different legislation and regulatory requirements?
- Monitoring the performance and call quality of Direct Route
- Managing connectivity or service failures
- Enterprise use cases
- Call Centre coexistence
- Legacy phone system coexistence
Tomorrow, we’ll be joined by Phoummala Schmit, Cloud Ops Advocate at Microsoft. We’ll be talking about IT Pros. If you are at Ignite, feel free to pop by and say hello before we start at 12:45 or when we wrap up at 1:30PM.
You’ll find Episode 16 above, and at our our podcast site, on iTunes, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher and you can subscribe with your favourite podcast app using the feed. If you’ve got any suggestions for what you’d like to hear on the next shows, let us know. You’ll find us on Twitter as @SteveGoodman & @jaywynn