In this week’s show, we’re talking about Office 365’s Advanced Threat Protection – otherwise known as ATP. Both of us are seeing a sharp increase in implementations of one of the key components for protection in Office 365 and there’s good reasons why. We talk about what it is – as it’s not the only “ATP” component in Microsoft 365. So we chat about those, what they are and what they do, before diving into the productivity protection product for a bit of a deep dive. Enjoy – and as always, let us know what you think…
The key talking points on today’s show –
- First we talk about ATP in general – as in Microsoft 365 ATP – what is it?
- Windows Defender ATP
- Office 365 ATP
- Azure ATP
- Next we talk about the focus of today’s show – Office 365 ATP – What does it do?
- Safe Attachments, Safe Links and Anti-Phishing Protection for Email
- Protection of files in SharePoint and OneDrive / Teams
- SafeLinks in Office Pro Plus
- Threat Intelligence
- We cover best practices for setting it up
- Then we consider – how does it compare to Exchange Online Protection – what’s the added value
- Often the big question is how to get it? Which plans does Office 365 ATP come with?
- Office 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Add-On SKU for Office 365 ATPs
- Microsoft 365 SKU for Identity and Threat Protection (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/01/02/introducing-new-advanced-security-and-compliance-offerings-for-microsoft-365/)
- ATP Plan 1 – Safe Links and Safe Attachments and Anti-Phishing
- ATP Plan 2- Adds Threat Intelligence
- And of course – what are the alternatives?
You’ll find Episode 22 above, and at our podcast site, on iTunes, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Google podcasts and you can subscribe with your favourite podcast app using the feed. If you’ve got any suggestions for what you’d like to hear on the next shows, let us know. You’ll find us on Twitter as @SteveGoodman & @jaywynn