On the show this week, we’re diving into the warm and friendly waters that is Microsoft Flow, one of the components of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft’s Power Platform. Flow is the glue that helps connect services in Office 365, Dynamics 365 and beyond automating both personal tasks and business processes.
Jason asks Steve some pertinent questions about Microsoft Flow and we help you understand the basics and how it can work in Microsoft Teams, how you can use it with PowerApps and more – but of course it’s such an extensive topic we can’t do it justice in less than an hour – so expect us to return – talking to industry experts on Microsoft Flow in a future episode.
In this episode:
- What is Flow? Is it a posh version of IFTTT?
- How do we use it?
- How do we access it?
- What license SKU is it part of?
- What does it connect it to?
- How do you manage it?
- Can we add our own applications that tie into the Flow?
- Is it only Microsoft Applications or can we tie it into Line of Business apps?
- Examples of using Flow, including:
You’ll find Episode 29 above, and at our podcast site, on iTunes,Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Google podcasts and you can subscribe with your favourite podcast app using the feed. If you’ve got any suggestions for what you’d like to hear on the next shows, let us know. You’ll find us on Twitter as @SteveGoodman and @jaywynn.